Last week we shared ten refreshing salads from around the web to kick-start our healthy gears. Today, we’re excited to introduce two new smoothie recipes perfect for a quick breakfast or a post-workout snack. We didn’t want anything unhealthy or too sweet, so we specifically developed recipes that meet somewhere in the middle. We turn to leafy greens to balance overly tart or sweet fruits and top our smoothies with a variety of nuts and seeds, just as we would with Fro-yo, to add texture and healthy anitoxidents. We’re confident your sweat sessions will end on the sweetest note with one of these refreshing combinations!
- Use frozen fruit, not ice, to get a thicker consistency. This also preserves the blades of the blender.
- Incorporate healthy toppings such as sliced almonds, black chia seeds, or flax seeds to add rich antioxidents and texture. We recommend Whole Food’s bulk aisle for picking up small portions.
- Other alternatives for coconut water include: Kefir milk, Greek yogurt, almond milk, organic whole milk, or your favorite juices.
- Other alternatives for kale include: spinach, beets, swiss chard, or collard greens.
- Use a space-saving blender with a sports lid, such as Bella Linea’s Sport Rocket Blender ($20) so you can take with you on-the-go.
This post was sponsored by Bella’s Linea Collection but all opinions are our own. Share your favorite smoothie recipes with us in the comment section below or on Instagram with the hashtag #TheEveryGirlCooks!