Here at The Everygirl, we understand the nature of busy women. You barely have time to eat breakfast in the morning, let alone spend the day surfing the web. That’s why this week, we’re sharing some of our favorite articles on pop culture, design, and more.
1. A must-read letter this posh celeb wrote to her 18-year-old self
Nothing like a woman talking openly about insecurities, triumphs, and the lessons learned throughout a lifetime. Thank you, Victoria. (Applause).
2. These lemons will help you detect breast cancer (no, seriously)
We’ve all (hopefully) tried a self-exam to check for breast cancer. But do we really know what we’re looking for? (Honest moment: I have been known to just poke at random and call it good.) A recently shared photo from the Know Your Lemons campaign is going viral for a great reason: it shows women many different ways that breast cancer can look on our bodies. Have a spare minute this weekend? You know what to do.
3. Still laughing about #ThatAwkwardMoment at the Golden Globes…
Emma Stone is my spirit animal. This is literally me at every social gathering that has ever had the indecency to happen.
4. Nordstrom just upped their beauty game in a major way and we’re freaking out
5. The latest Netflix show you’ll be bingeing all weekend
Source: The Atlantic
It saddens us to tell you that today is Friday the 13th, so you probably shouldn’t watch Netflix’s highly anticipated “A Series of Unfortunate Events.” (And you definitely shouldn’t tempt fate by taking this quiz first.)
6. Lena Dunham calls herself out for excluding this from “Girls”
Lena Dunham is having a serious moment. She’s been on the cover of Glamour (accompanied by her “Girls” co-stars) and Nylon, sans photoshopping, helping to end the normalization of negative and unrealistic body stereotypes. She also called herself out in her Nylon cover story, talking lack of diversity in “Girls” and what she plans to do differently. We’re all for powerful women who aren’t afraid to admit their mistakes.
7. This new jewelry collab is giving us all the good vibes