Business & Marketing Intern
The Dear Women Project
Who We Are
The Dear Women Project, a side project by Chicago-based artist and calligrapher Emily Asher of Emily Rose Ink, is looking for a Summer Business & Marketing Intern.
The Dear Women Project aims to thank, support, and encourage women through the art of the hand-written note. Each month, Emily creates stationery featuring a portrait and inspirational quote by a strong famous woman. 25% of profits are donated to related nonprofits supporting women’s rights and causes.
Visit www.dearwomenproject.com for more details. The Dear Women Project is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an intern to join our team! As an intern, you will enjoy a highly creative and interactive work environment and gain valuable experience in growing and running a small business.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Create and implement a social media marketing strategy for the Dear Women Project by managing Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest accounts
- Purposefully track and utilize social media, web, and sales analytics to grow the business
- Contribute to brand presence by writing blog posts and pitching press ideas around the web
- Participate in the behind-the-scenes of online retail business by managing production and fulfillment of online orders
- Gain experience with networking, in-person marketing, and sales by coordinating and attending special events for the Dear Women Project (letter-writing parties, craft shows, etc).
Applicants must be:
- Local to Chicago
- Passionate about women's rights and issues
- Available 10-15 hours/week starting mid-May (roughly)
- A student (preferably studying marketing, PR, or business) able to work for school credit
- Able to commit for three months
The ideal candidate has the following skills and attributes:
- Interest in and experience with social media and online marketing, especially in the field of creative business
- Tech-savvy and fluent with google apps (drive, gmail, sheets, docs)
- Passion for women’s rights and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Punctuality and excellent time management skills
- Ability to create images for social media, etc. using Adobe CC (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Although not required, candidates familiar with Squarespace and/or Adobe CC (Photoshop and Illustrator) will receive top consideration
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis; we are looking to make our decision ASAP. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.