Coming up with an easy, healthy, and delicious meal can seem a little daunting—especially at the end of a long work day, when the only thing you want to do is relax and catch up on the latest episode of New Girl. Thanks to Lindsay Kujawa of Delighted Momma and our trusty crock pot, meals like homemade chili can be prepared ahead of time with minimal effort and will be completely ready to be served when you come home. And with serving portions this large, you’ll be able to eat it for a few days!
1 pound ground beef or turkey
2 onions, chopped
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans of tomato sauce
2 cans of drained and rinsed kidney beans
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 cup of chili powder
1 tbs of cumin
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a skillet, add a little olive oil cooking spray and brown the ground beef until it is fully cooked. (This takes about 7-8 minutes.)
2. Place the cooked ground beef in the crock pot along with all of the other ingredients.
3. Mix everything up together with a large spoon.
4. Place the lid on the crock pot and let it cook for 6-7 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
5. Season with salt and pepper, top with whatever toppings you like and enjoy!
– Cheddar cheese
– Sour cream
– Black olives
– Chopped green onions