Essential Skin Care Tips For The Everygirl
As we go into fall, it’s more important than ever to stick with a simple but thoughtful skincare routine to maintain beautiful, youthful skin! It is easier to take care of your skin and maintain your youthful, healthy appearance now rather than trying to recapture it after years of damage. The following are some easy ways you can incorporate good skin care into your daily life. Dara Levy of Cellular Intelligence Luxury MedSpa in Chicago wants to help you “go and glow,” and here’s how!
Our bodies use water for essential hydration, and water is a pure appetite suppressant.
· It has no fat, calories, carbs or sugar so it’s the most pure thing you can put into your body.
· Water helps our lymphatic system detoxify by flushing out impurities and helps with cellular regeneration.
I try to “juice” at least once a day. It is like drinking sunshine and also helps detoxify the system. I usually make my own at home with kale, cucumber, parsley, ginger and lemon.
· Drinking juice for its health benefits has been around for a long time! It delivers antioxidants in the most efficient way possible.
· Kale is rich in Vitamins A, C and K, all believed to be particularly helpful in protecting the skin from free radicals. Vitamin C, both taken internally and used topically help to repair photo-damaged skin.
· Cucumber is a great diuretic, which combats weight gain, and is high in Vitamins A, C and K, which are great antioxidants.
· Parsley is rich in Vitamins A and C, both powerful antioxidants.
· Ginger is an anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is the root cause of many of the outward signs of aging.
· Lemon is a crazy good source of Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant and major player in the repair of photo-damaged skin.
Use eye cream
It is never too early to start. The skin around the eye is very delicate, so everything from squinting to sleeping on your side can cause fine lines.
· At bedtime every night, apply an eye cream with AHAs that will smooth fine lines while you sleep. AHAs exfoliate the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and increasing the rate at which the skin renews itself, leaving the skin with a healthy and more youthful look.
· Products with caffeine help “de-puff.” Pat the cream rather than rubbing it in, so you don’t tug the skin. Caffeine is a stimulant that increases microcirculation, helping to move “puffy eye causing” fluids away.
Wear sunscreen every day, even in the dead of winter.
· Try a tinted moisturizer with SPF, so you have an all-in-one powerhouse product—it’s what we call, “go and glow” beauty.
· Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 30 or higher.
· Not only does sunscreen protect against harmful UVA and UVB rays, but the sun will also exaggerate any discoloration on the skin including blemishes and dark spots.
UVA light can damage eyes, and squinting causes wrinkles.
· The sun’s harsh rays can cause dark circles under the eyes and attack the skin’s most delicate area around the eyes.
· One of the major causes of wrinkles is repetitive muscle movement. If you spend your life squinting, just like your mother used to tell you… if you keep making that face, it will stick!
Never go to bed with makeup on
Cleanse your face twice—the first cleanse removes the day and the second one actually cleans your skin.
· Impurities from the day can clog pores and cause breakouts. Clean skin provides the perfect surface so that night creams can be most effective.
· Your skin repairs itself at night. One of the reasons it is important to use skincare at night is that cleaning your skin/removing the day gives your skin a fighting chance.
Exfoliate to brighten your skin. Look for AHAs and BHAs, which are brightening agents that clarify and enhance skin tone and texture while working to erase discolorations and imperfections.
· Exfoliating helps to remove the outermost layer of skin, revealing younger and healthier skin cells. As we age, the skin’s cellular renewal begins to slow down, leaving dull, lifeless skin on the surface. Exfoliating helps to reveal fresh, bright and healthy skin.
Invest in a facial
If you have the funds and have budgeted for it, consider investing in a facial. Facials provide an even deeper level of exfoliation than can be achieved at home. Dull, lifeless skin absorbs light instead of refracting light.
· Simple procedures like oxygen infusion provide intense moisture and more efficient cellular regeneration. Antioxidant rich Hyaluronic Acid serum is infused via therapeutic grade hyperbaric oxygen.
· A Photofacial uses Advanced Florescent Technology to rejuvenate skin, reduce pigmentation, repair sun damage, and improve skin tone and texture. A fresh, healthy, younger looking complexion emerges.