We get it–you’re running the office or you’re running your kids to preschool, matcha latte in hand. You’re doing it all, having it all, and absolutely busy. But your boss lifestyle shouldn’t mean you can’t stay up-to-date with the best that the internet has to offer! We’ve made it easy to stay #relevant by collecting our favorite articles from the week on pop culture, beauty, entertainment, etc., aka News for The Busygirl (see what I did there?). Read on for all the updates you need from the week.
1. Think beauty can’t change the world? This perfumer is working with formerly incarcerated women to make personalized fragrances that say more about freedom than about smelling good (but accomplish both!).
“I wanted to create a new, intersectional approach to fragrance that considers race, class, gender, and sexuality.” Now that’s beauty. Check out the article and buy a bottle of her perfume. We’ll take a bucket.
But beware — it may ruin your long-running belief that you are just so Lorelai (I got “Emily.” Reality is just starting to sink in.)
3. If you have not watched Season 2 of Queer Eye yet, don’t even finish this post–stop right now, quit your job, and get to the Netflix nearest you.
There’s a lot of horrible things going on in the world (and a lot we can do to help!). But there’s also a lot of hope and goodness, and all you need to do is watch Queer Eye, Season 2, to see it. The Fab 5 are crying, Mama Tammye’s crying, I’m crying, you’re crying, the apple tv remote is crying. Go stream season 2 because it will remind you that the world is a good place and that, “you are strong, you’re a Kelly Clarkson song, you’ve got this.”
4. It’s 2018–time to get over that PTSD from Ghosts of Orange Spray Tans Past with 26 innovations that will change your mind about self-tanner.
We’re all about the faux tan these days, because tanning in the sun is so last year (and sun protection is crucial in preventing all types of skin cancer and premature aging. Sunscreen is ALWAYS in style). Get that Gisele-level summer glow sans Oompa Loompa tint, skin damage, and sunburn. Save your aloe for your smoothies.
5. I guess the end of June means that summer is in full swing. But like, let’s just forget all the BS (pardon my french) that gives us unnecessary summer stress. You be you!
If you’re single and your friends only picnic in couples, or if the back of your thighs jiggle when you walk by the hot lifeguard, this is the summer where we answer with, so what?!
6. Forget cucumber– cactus is the latest skincare super ingredient that the internet is obsessed with.
*Moves to Arizona immediately*.
7. Newly Engaged Pete Davidson and Ariana Grande are moving into a G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S (to be sung in Fergie’s angelic octave) $16 million NYC Apartment and I can’t even get a text back.
The SNL sweetheart also gushed about his pop princess (and confirmed their engagement) on Jimmy Fallon, making hearts everywhere swoon. Say what you will about the brief romance, but their new apartment is serious #goals.
8. National Geographic just released the Best Summer Trips in 2018, and we started packing our bags before finishing the list.
If you’re only interested in your typical Bahamas vacay or road trip to Yosemite, don’t even bother. How many PTO days do we have again?