We get it — this was a crazy busy week for you! Between being your typical boss-self in the office and/or at home, fitting in a yoga class, and preparing the mac n’ cheese for your 4th of July BBQ, I’m sure you’ve been busy. But, guess what– the weekend is here, and it’s time to relax and take 2 minutes of your me-time to catch up on the best of the web this week! We’re sharing our favorite articles on pop culture, news, and more. Sit back, relax, and stay relevant.
1. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll get inspired, you’ll remember the time you cut your bangs but it made your Uncle Steven laugh so it was worth the time-out, from these female comedians talking about how they got their first laugh.
These badass comedians are not just funny women, they are changing the world, one perfectly-timed joke at a time.
2. Finally, some good news! Coffee in any form (no need to fight, cold brew devotees and classic cup of joe lovers), has been found to boost chances of living longer!
Suck it, Matcha-drinking naysayers! Coffee, we never doubted you.
3. For the first time in the history of our dear ol’ US of A, State Legislatures could shift to more women than men, and I am HERE for this kind of lady power!
States like Nevada (currently at about 40% women) is predicted to possibly be over 50% after the next general election. Yes, OVER 50%! Now, we women by no means want to takeover the world (although haven’t you heard of Beyoncé? It’s kind of happening anyways), we just want fair representation that reflects the population– everyone deserves an equal voice! But the fact that women are finally beginning to have the equality that we’ve fought for since 1776– now that’s deserving of fireworks.
4. Priyanka Chopra–actress, philanthropist, Meghan Markle’s A-list bestie, Nick Jonas’ sweetheart (can we trade lives, for a sec/forever?)– is on the cover of Allure and gives the motivational speech you’ve been needing.
Watch before first dates, giving a presentation, or when you catch yourself looking in the mirror too long, obsessing about the extra 4th of July weight (it’s a thing!). Also, do yourself a favor and watch her reading regrettable headlines from the 90’s.
5. Apple’s new iPhone update will address cell phone addiction (lets be real, we all have it!) following the latest wellness trend of cell phone detox.
Doesn’t 3 hours without group message notifications or Doodle Jump distractions sound even better than a spa day!?
6. I’m sure you really enjoyed your grilled hot dogs and all, but celebrities are over here, living their best life. Here’s how 18 of your fav people to insta-stalk celebrated America’s birthday on Wednesday.
Whether it’s Khloé K’s epic pool bash (not your typical 4th of July barbecue), a reunion from your inner child’s greatest dreams between Selena Gomez and David Henrie (but where’s Jake T Austin!?), or Chrissy Teigen’s red and white hair bow, you’re going to be jealous of these epic 4th of Julys, A-List style. (Speaking of “style”–where in the world is Taylor Swift? Please bring back your epic 4th of July bashes, we need more nautical one-piece swimsuit inspo!)
Millennials everywhere rejoice!