How to Style an Outdoor Space
Summer has finally arrived (and it only took until July for some parts of the country - ahem, Chicago)! So it's finally time to set up and hunker down on your (or your friend's) outdoor space. Some of you might reside in the suburbs and have a nice yard for entertaining guests; many of you might live in a city and rely on three square feet of rickety urban fire escape as an outdoor retreat for your morning coffee. Whatever the case may be, we wanted to show you that with only five fundamental items, you too can create a cozy, complete outdoor space!
5 Key Components to Style Any Outdoor Space
1. Seating: takes many forms, including dining chairs, a bench, or even floor pillows (if you have minimal room). Regardless, you need a comfy seat for your seat!
2. Table: a reliable, sturdy surface to hold your beverage, rest your laptop, write in your journal, etc.
3. Rug: makes the space feel finished but depending on the weather, a rug can potentially dirty very quickly. Make sure to buy an outdoor/indoor material that is easy to clean.
4. Lighting: to set the mood, lighting can be in the form of candles, twinkle lights, tiki torches–whatever atmosphere you are going for!
5. Plant life: nothing will pretty up a space like some fresh greenery, herbs, or flowers. In a city? Use a window box!
The Small Dining Area
The Large Dining Space
SHOP THE LOOK:
globe lights, Target
flowers and pots, Jayson Home
runner, Crate and Barrel Outlet
white tray, West Elm
teal trim napkins, Crate and Barrel Outlet
gold flatware, West Elm
ice bucket, World Market
blue drinking glasses, World Market
teal cheetah pillows, Pottery Barn
beige medallion pillow, Pottery Barn