Here at The Everygirl, we understand the nature of busy women. You barely have time to eat breakfast in the morning, let alone spend the day surfing the web. That’s why this week, we’re sharing some of our favorite articles on pop culture, design, and more.
1. In celebration of International Women’s Day on March 8, Barbie released 17 “Shero” dolls that represent history-making women and this is the only 2018 I want to live in.
These dolls include modern-day role models such as Olympic champion Chloe Kim and Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins.
2. Olympic medalist Aly Raisman has sued U.S. Olympic Committee and USA Gymnastics for not following protocol to monitor Larry Nassar, a former athletic doctor who is currently in prison for sexually abusing young athletes.
“I refuse to wait any longer for these organizations to do the right thing.” – Raisman.
3. Nine women share their favorite solo travel destinations because what better way to appreciate the world than exploring it on your own?
Pack your bags and prepare your Instagram filters – this is about to be a trip of a lifetime.
4. Michelle Obama met Parker Curry, the little girl who was photographed staring up at her painting at the National Portrait Gallery and our hearts are MELTING.
Parker, I'm so glad I had the chance to meet you today (and for the dance party)! Keep on dreaming big for yourself…and maybe one day I'll proudly look up at a portrait of you! pic.twitter.com/faUVTsYWun
— Michelle Obama (@MichelleObama) March 6, 2018
We’re not crying, YOU’RE CRYING.
5. Fans were literally sending Becca from The Bachelor wine money after watching Arie dump her on national television because if you can’t buy love, you might as well buy wine.
But if you’re Becca, you’re actually donating the money to charity and *SPOILER ALERT* becoming the next Bachelorette.
Numerology is the divine belief in in the relationship between numbers and events and I AM (SHAMELESSLY) HANGING ON EVERY WORD.
7. A fortune teller told young Kate Middleton that she would marry a rich gentleman (later named William) and now I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.
Meanwhile, I can’t even tell myself to stop snoozing my alarm in the morning.
8. Jaxon, this 12-year-old dog, had his favorite toy discontinued so Twitter came together to search for more because dogs ACTUALLY DESERVE THE WORLD.
And in Jaxon’s case, a lifetime supply of his favorite toy.