Summer is just around the corner—we promise! The allure of long, lazy days have us dreaming of vacation, beaches, and late nights out and about. With all the fun that summer can bring, it can also wreak a bit of havoc on the bank account. But fun can be had at a fraction of the price if you take a little time and effort to plan wisely. So though summer may mean time it’s to let loose, it doesn’t have to mean losing financial focus, too.
One of our all-time favorite ways to save? Gilt City—everything from fashion to beauty and even city specific deals, Giltcity.com has become our one-stop shopping discount destination. So, we’ve partnered with them to bring you a few ideas for ways to save this summer. Because being a little frugal doesn’t mean you should have to limit your fun! May we suggest:
1. Start your day with your own brew. Skip the coffee shop stop and keep all your change. The daily caffeine habit can add up quickly if you’re always buying while out so make your own coffee at home before you kick off your day.
2. Pack your lunch (and snacks). Along the same lines, preparing your own lunch and snacks is an easy way to make a better financial and healthy choice. Grabbing meals on the go can affect your bottom line, and can take up chunks of time and energy.
3. Be your own stylist. Invest in a few summer staples—but don’t break the bank! Use sites like Gilt City to find discounts on summer fashion.
4. Explore your city for local fun and free activities. Summertime usually means farmer’s markets, festivals, art fairs, and an assortment of other free fun. Find it!
5. Get to the library! Keep up with the hottest summer reads (check our list here) and instead of buying, borrow.
6. Skip the restaurant scene. (At least one night per weekend!) Instead, host a girls’ night in and let Blue Apron do all the prep work. Just cook and enjoy!
7. Do your vacation homework. Plan before you go—check Gilt City’s assortment of specific city deals and specialized travel perks. They have discounts on everything from hotel stays and travel packages to spa and restaurant deals, special hosted events and even fitness perks.
8. And finally, let your summer beauty shine! Our favorite beauty brand is offering $30 off all products if you spend $80! From their signature summer scent and sun-kissed bronzer to the endless options of products with SPF, a few new beauty products will help you feel your best this summer and beyond.
This post was sponsored by Gilt City but the opinions within are those of The Everygirl editorial board.