Prepping a week’s worth of lunches can quickly get boring and monotonous. When you’re eating the same thing every day of the week, eating can feel like a chore. Enter Bento boxes—the perfect way to make lunches fun again.
These meal prep lunches break up your meal into different sections (which means they’re essentially adult lunchables!). The basic formula typically includes protein, some carbs, and a serving of fruits or veggies. This makes it easy to switch up the sides every day, so you aren’t eating the same exact meal five days in a row. Think celery and ranch as a side one day, but an apple with peanut butter the next, while keeping the main portion the same. If the thought of your food touching gives you the ick, invest in a Bento box with divided sections. Otherwise, just pile everything into your favorite meal prep container and you’re good to go!
Stainless-Steel Bento Box
Ready to give adult lunchables a try? These 18 Bento box recipes are the perfect solution for on-the-go meals.
1. Greek Pita Bento Box
2. Turkey Spinach Pinwheels Bento Box
3. Zucchini Noodle Caprese and Chicken Bento Box
4. Falafel Hummus Adult Lunchables
5. Fruit and Veggie Dip Lunch Box
6. DIY Starbucks Protein Bistro Box
7. BLT Salad Lunch Box
8. Curried Chicken Salad Adult Lunchable
9. Mediterranean Meal Prep Lunch Boxes
10. BBQ Chickpea Wrap
11. Turkey Bagel Sandwich
12. Breakfast Bento Box
13. Apple and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
14. Salami and Crackers
15. Mini Quiches
16. Banana Roll-Ups
17. Granola Bento Box
18. Pico de Gallo Quinoa Bowls