For days you lack dinner ideas, this classic Cobb should do the trick. Hearty with chicken and bacon and robust with avocados and tomatoes, a Cobb salad satisfies just about anyone (and as for you vegetarians, just omit the meat!). Our version includes a mixture of butter lettuce and watercress and we topped it with a simple vinaigrette to balance out the strong flavors of blue cheese and bacon. Feel free to increase or reduce ingredients to your liking. We’re partial to bacon!
5-8 leaves of butter lettuce, roughly chopped
Handful of watercress, stemmed and roughly chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
1/4 c. blue cheese crumbles
1/2 c. roasted chicken breast, chopped into cubes
1/4 c. avocados, chopped into cubes
1/4 c. cooked bacon, chopped into cubes
For the dressing:
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
salt and pepper
1. Prepare, cook, and chop all ingredients and set aside. This will take roughly 30-40 minutes.
2. Place chopped butter lettuce and watercress at the bottom of a bowl or plate.
3. Depending on your preference, layer each ingredient on the bed of lettuce or simply toss everything together for a more rustic look.
4. Prepare the dressing by mixing all its ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drizzle salad with dressing, snap a food picture, and enjoy!
Have you shared your Classic Eats with us? If so, don’t forget to tag us and use the hashtag #TheEverygirlCooks for a chance to be featured on our Instagram!