Ever wanted to work in online media?! Does being a part of an ever-evolving team and growing start-up excite you? Well now is your chance—we’re looking for some new faces and new talent to join our team at The Everymom!
Assistant Managing Editor for The Everymom
Are you hyper-organized, excited at the thought of helping to lead a team, thrive when it comes to big picture thinking, and your heart starts to race when you’re up against a deadline? Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of mothers everywhere? Do you want to be a part of a creative team and share your experiences with other moms? Then you might be the woman we need for this role.
We’re looking for a big personality to join our small and growing team at The Everymom. This full-time position will involve working side by side with our Managing Editor to help run the ship at The Everymom. Together, you’ll pitch, write, edit, organize, and manage high-performing, engaging content for The Everymom.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Source, plan, manage, and edit all freelancer and submission content for site publication
- Source, manage, and conduct interviews for relevant and inspiring Home Tours, Career Profiles, and other special-interest articles to be featured on the site
- Assist with overall article readability and formatting
- Work with our graphic designer to ideate and manage the creation of printables and other graphics for article inclusion
- Manage and update The Everymom’s photo database
- Occasional content creation including writing, sourcing photos for roundup articles, pulling links for shopping stories, etc.
- Assist the Managing Editor with article ideation, content planning, data organization, and other daily tasks
- Help lead full-time and part-time personnel with your confident, assertive, and detail-oriented personality
- Attend weekly meetings with team to analyze content and traffic performance, goals, and metrics
- Past experience with writing and editing required
- Experience working in a content management system like WordPress preferred
- Working knowledge of Photoshop preferred
40+ hours per week*
*This position is full-time, and while the company operates on set hours, we know given the current economic and health crisis, particularly for parents, flexibility is needed. We are happy to work with you on this as much as possible to ensure your family needs are met.
This position is remote!
Dependent on experience. Please list salary requirement with application.
Email [email protected] with the subject line “ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR FOR THE EVERYMOM” by Friday, September 4 at 8pm CST. Include specific details about why you’re the perfect candidate for this role and why you’d be an asset to The Everymom team directly in the body of the email.
Please additionally include:
- At least 3 past writing samples that highlight your voice and editorial experience
- At least 8 headlines/story ideas you’d love to see covered on The Everymom’s site on various relevant topics that haven’t already been covered
- At least 3 Instagram Story content ideas you’d enjoy filming and would love to see covered on The Everymom’s Instagram
- Link to all relevant social channels: Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Link to resume denoting management, organization, or other relevant experience
The email application should have no attachments. Only links.
All applications must be received by Friday, September 4 at 8pm CST.