You’re trendsetting, driven, and highly engaged in the world of social media. You’re interested in career empowerment, politics, fashion, pop culture, and beauty. You know news the second it breaks, and you’re constantly sending your friends memes and tweets. Sound like you? Then you might be the right woman to join our growing team at The Everygirl.
Entry-Level Part-Time Social Media Coordinator for The Everygirl Media Group
We’re looking for a part-time Social Media Coordinator with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You’ll help our Social Media Editor develop and manage content across our social media channels (Instagram, Instagram Stories, Twitter, and Facebook).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with our Social Media Editor to create, organize, schedule, and post social media content across assigned social media platforms (with a specific focus on Instagram and Instagram Stories)
- Developing and helping execute new, innovative ideas for all channels
- Creating original graphics for various social media platforms, per instruction from Social Media Editor and graphic design team
- Monitoring social media channels in real-time on Saturday and Sunday; engaging with followers through comments and direct messages
- Staying abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights, and emerging social media/marketing/e-commerce technologies—you tell US what’s new and next
- Creating live Instagram story content (thrives on camera; comfortable on IGS)
- Must know Photoshop
- Demonstrated knowledge of Hootsuite, Planoly, and Instagram Business is preferred
- Must have demonstrated proficiency editing photos in Lightroom, VSCO, etc.
- Must have a hunger for and opinion on current events, trending news, pop culture, and politics
- Must have experience with Instagram, Instagram Stories, Twitter, and Facebook
No prior work experience required.
Individual must be available to work remotely at the following hours:
- Thursday (8:30 am – 4:30 pm CST)
- Friday (8:30 am – 4:30 pm CST)
- Saturday & Sunday (Weekend hours are flexible, but the part-time social media coordinator will be responsible for adhering to and posting the weekend content schedule per the instruction of our Social Media Editor)
Please place the following in a Dropbox or Google Drive folder and submit only the link (with viewing access) to [email protected] by Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 11:59pm CDT, with the subject line “SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR APPLICATION”:
- your resume
- cover letter explaining only your social media experience (other past experience not required) and why you’d be a perfect fit at The Everygirl
- 1-2 writing samples (can be blog posts, Instagram captions, previous articles, etc.)
- 5 original tweets (combination of traffic to site, jokes, etc.)
- 1 sample Instagram post driving traffic to site, including a sourced or original photo with written caption, for 1 article currently on our site
- 3 pitches: content/campaigns across Instagram feed and Instagram stories (with at least one pitch for an original in-feed graphic concept)
- one of the aforementioned graphic pitches, designed and created into a fully-formed post
- a screen recording of yourself creating said graphic in Photoshop
- links to your personal social media accounts, made public for review