Here at The Everygirl, we understand the nature of busy women. You barely have time to eat breakfast in the morning, let alone spend the day surfing the web. That’s why this week, we’re sharing some of our favorite articles on pop culture, design, and more.
1. Starbucks has reached a milestone for American companies by achieving pay equity for women and minority workers who are performing similar jobs so basically it’s a GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE.
The company also plans to stay transparent by providing job candidates in America the pay range for the position they’ve applied for.
2. Cynthia Nixon, best known as Miranda from Sex and the City, is running for New York Governor and here’s what we know about her campaign so far.
If elected, she’ll become the first female and first openly gay governor in New York history.
3. ASOS now shows what their items look like on multiple body types because this is the TYPE OF INCLUSIVITY WE NEED IN THE WORLD.
One size doesn’t fit all and neither should one body type.
4. These are 12 affordable places to visit outside of the U.S. because traveling is good (but traveling at a reduced price is even better).
*Updates travel bucket list and books flight*
5. A blogger faked her trip to Disneyland on social media to prove the images we see on Instagram don’t necessarily portray the reality we experience on the daily and WE SUPPORT EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS.
“Instagram is really good at escapism, the aspirational, the inspirational. So I try to get those things into pictures I post. Nobody wants to see me in my pyjamas, with my explosive morning hair, hunched over my laptop on the sofa.” – @theslowtraveler
6. The Everygirl Assistant Editor, Abigail, is spilling what’s in her bag and now you can finally see why we’re ALL OBSESSED WITH HER.
No worries – being fans of Abigail pretty much counts as being friends with her.
Mercury might be in retrograde, but at least your home is about to get an upgrade.