The Everygirl Media Group is hiring! We’re looking for knowledgeable, passionate, and driven individuals to join our team in a variety of fully remote positions. Working at The Everygirl Media Group means being part of an exciting, creative, and collaborative team. The ideal candidates share our passion for delivering high-quality, engaging, and relatable content with our audiences. If you believe you’re a good fit for one of the below opportunities, we want to hear from you!
These positions are fully remote, but please note if you live in or around the Chicagoland area, you are welcome to work out of our Chicago office if you wish.
Social Media Intern
The Everygirl Media Group
Part-time, fully remote, or hybrid if local to the Chicago area
Job Posting Closing Date: May 26, 11:59 (CST)
Who are we?
Over the past ten years, The Everygirl Media Group has grown to become a household name in online media, providing millions of women around the globe with a daily dose of inspiration and guidance. By offering detailed in-depth features, career profiles, relatable first-hand accounts, and how-to guides, The Everygirl inspires women toward leading a well-rounded, financially sound, and stylish life.
About the position
Are you excited about all things social media and interested in learning skills to make it your career? Are you a creative, internet-savvy individual with your pulse on everything trending?
We’re looking for a motivated, knowledgeable intern to join our social media team.
What would you do in this role?
As an intern, you’ll work closely with our Senior Social Media Editor and assist our social media team with running The Everygirl’s and The Everymom’s social media platforms. You’ll brainstorm, pitch, and create new and engaging content with the goal to increase brand awareness, drive conversions to respective sites, and manage The Everygirl Media Group’s brand image. You’ll learn how to further develop your social media skills in a professional work environment and how we operate as a media company. This internship is ideal for someone looking to gain experience in social media.
- Collaborate with the team to create informative and entertaining graphics and video content
- Monitor and post to platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Analyze post performance and analytics to gauge success
- Research topics and trends to cover as well as creators to partner with
- Help coordinate and organize the content calendar for efficiency
- Participate in brainstorms and content ideation
- Stay up-to-date on the latest TikTok and video content trends, and brainstorm ideas on how we can show up with these trends
- Source third-party content to repost across platforms
- Assist with creating content for Reels or TikTok
- Must have a passion for social media marketing
- Prefer candidates who have a good understanding of The Everygirl Media Group brand and voice
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of creating graphics in Canva
- Knowledge with Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Have excellent multi-tasking, time management, and communication skills
- Be able to work independently and have problem-solving skills
- Be willing and able to collaborate with our team on content ideas
- Must have your own computer and reliable Wi-Fi
- Must be available two days per week 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (CST); preferably Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
- Excellent social media knowledge, particularly with Pinterest and TikTok
- Prior social media experience for a brand or business
- Knowledge of pop culture and social media trends
- Ability to project prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of analytical tools
- Familiarity with video content creation and editing
- Experience with Later or similar content scheduling system
The internship program begins July 6, 2023, through December 21, 2023. Note: being a student is not a requirement.
- Email [email protected] with the subject line “2023 Social Media Intern, [Your Name, Your City].”
- Your cover letter should be pasted in the body of your email and include where you found the job posting
Include links to your: **(links to your portfolio website, Dropbox or Google drive should not be private; Attachments will not be reviewed)**
- Social media account you manage (If you only have your personal account to show, that is an acceptable example)
- Original TikTok example
- Link to Google Doc with the answers to the following prompts:
- Four Instagram story ideas to encourage audience engagement (two for The Everygirl, two for The Everymom)
- Four Reel/TikTok ideas (two for The Everygirl, two for The Everymom)
- Your top three favorite Instagram accounts and why
- Your favorite TikTok account and why
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Everygirl Media Group embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About The Everygirl
Over the past ten years, The Everygirl has grown to become a household name in online media, providing millions of women around the globe with a daily dose of inspiration and guidance. By offering detailed in-depth features, career profiles, relatable first-hand accounts, and how-to guides, The Everygirl inspires women toward leading a well-rounded, financially sound, and stylish life.