Sure, you want to eat as healthy as possible, but now is not the time to force yourself into eating boring salads or unfulfilling dishes. While staying at home, we’re all feeling a lot of mixed emotions like boredom, fear, sadness, anxiety, and, damn it, we need comfort food. We need meals that remind us of childhood, and keep us feeling fulfilled and satisfied (because sometimes food is what we look forward to the most).
However, opting for comfort foods that you’ll look forward to eating all day does not mean you have to order delivery or eat unhealthy options. You can eat all of your favorite dishes while loading up on good-for-you nutrients by replacing ingredients with delicious and fresh plants. Whether you’re craving creamy pastas or classics from your childhood like pizzas and sandwiches, here are 20 recipes that will allow you to indulge any craving while giving your body the foods it needs to feel its best.
1. Paleo Buffalo Chicken Pizza
2. Baked Eggplant Parmesan with Almond Flour
3. Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Huevos Rancheros
4. Spicy Cauliflower Burgers with Sweet Potato Buns
5. Plant-Based Spinach Artichoke Dip
6. Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
7. Egg Salad with Turmeric and Herbs
8. Paleo Chicken Wraps
9. Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole
10. Plant-Based Pesto Pasta
11. Chipotle Burrito Bowls
12. Vegetarian Bibimbap
13. Vegan Vodka Penne
14. Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos
15. Vegetable Zucchini Pizza Crust
16. Vegan Meatball Sub
17. Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry
18. Cauliflower Gnocchi
19. Vegan Creamy Tomato Soup
20. Mushroom Dumplings
What’s your favorite healthier comfort food?