Oh date night. It’s time to put down the sweatpants, put on a bra and have a good time with our significant others. Stuck on what to wear, and feeling all “dressed” out? There are plenty of ways to mix and match your wardrobe to create some solid alternatives to the date night dress.
Check out ten of our favorite date-night outfits that don’t involve a dress.
1. White Blazer + Black Leather ShortsSource: Fake Leather
This classic black and white combination never goes out of style. Show off those toned summer legs in this fun shorts and blazer ensemble. Just be sure to opt for a longline blazer to pull this look off.
2. Boyfriend Jeans + Crop Top + HeelsSource: Gabi Fresh
Add a little sparkle to your next date night look, with a subtle sequined crop, your favorite worn in denim and strappy heels to pull it all together. It’s a perfect not-trying-too-hard fashion forward outfit combination that we love.
3. Denim Jacket + Midi SkirtSource: Damsel in Dior
Elevate your favorite every day jacket with a structured skirt and heels. It’s a perfect way to dress down your office look if you have to run out immediately after work.
4. Jumpsuit + ClutchSource: Brett Robson
One and done dressing that’s not a dress? Now that’s something we can get behind. Add a fun clutch and you’re all set for date night.
5. Off-The-Shoulder Top + Cropped DenimSource: @laurenkaysims
There’s something so subtly sexy about an off-the-shoulder top. Pair it with denim or trousers for an easy date night look that transitions well from day to night.
6. Statement Top + Skinnies + Bright SandalsSource: Carrie Bradshaw Lied
Grab your favorite denim skinnies and add a top with a little something extra. Think ruffles, cutouts, one-shoulders and exaggerated sleeves. Whatever it is, make sure it makes a statement!
7. All Black EverythingSource: Hairstylism
You can never go wrong in all black. Ditch the heels if you aren’t comfortable and opt for a pair of summer flats.
8. Peasant Blouse + Denim SkirtSource: Blog and The City
Denim skirts are 100% back in style, but to keep them from looking like your 5th grade uniform, tuck a statement blouse into the waist and carry a classic, chic bag.
9. Blouse + Pencil Pants + LoafersSource: Gondis
Pencil pants aren’t just reserved for blazers and networking coffee. Pair them with a relaxed blouse and shoes you feel confident in (although you know we can’t resist a pair of loafers right now).
10. Red blouse + blue denim + nude mulesSource: cuppajyo
Go bold in rich red hues and our favorite shoe silhouette of the season – the mule! It’s an easy look in an often overlooked color that’s perfect for that big date.