Once August hits, fall feels close enough to taste it, and all summer outfits go out the window for daydreams of the looks that the first days of cooler weather will bring. The problem? All too often, that cooler weather doesn’t hit until well into October.
Transitional outfits exist for a reason: there are ways to feel like you’re headed into fall without putting on a turtleneck and jeans and turning yourself into a sweat-drenched mess. By mixing and matching different pieces, you can look the part without sacrificing comfort by doing it.
One of the best pieces to transition with? Your favorite blazers. A good blazer can be mixed with anything from shorts to skirts to your summer dresses, transforming your summer clothes into outfits that look one step closer to fall. Here are our favorite ways to style our blazers into transitional looks:
1. With denim shorts and a white tee
2. With a graphic tee and suede booties
3. With white jeans and a sweater tank
4. With a plaid skirt and sneakers
5. With a tank dress and shoulder bag
6. With a cropped tee and mom jeans