Winter fashion poses challenges other seasons just don’t: risking ruining your new shoes via slush puddle (or worse, an excess of salt), figuring out how to feel stylish amongst all those layers, finding pieces that you’re willing to wear that aren’t your warmest, go-to, five-year-old turtleneck — the list goes on.
We’re here to tell you that winter fashion doesn’t need to be all that bad. By finding items that are both fun and weather-appropriate — hello, plaid flair pants — you can nix your usual January style slump and feel good until those first glorious spring days. By mixing and matching the season’s trendiest pieces, you don’t need to invest in a million new pieces; just a few that will make you feel like a million bucks.
1. Puff-sleeve top + patterned loafers + high-waist jeans
2. Turtleneck + plaid blazer + skinny jeans + slouchy boot
3. Ribbed top + statement pants + mini crossbody + mid-rise boots
4. Pom hat + cozy sweater + joggers (or distressed jeans) + fuzzy slippers
5. Oversized sweater + white jeans + loafers + optional belt
6. Midi dress + mid-rise boots + black bag
7. Midi dress + mid-rise boots + black bag + black turtleneck + belt
8. Structured coat + snakeskin bag + sweater dress + slouchy boots