Ah, summer — where the sunny days seem just as endless as our excuses for why we need to buy every straw bag possible. Regardless of how you’re kicking off this season, the plan to stick to a healthier lifestyle can seem harder than usual with the fried foods that come with outdoor events and the patio weather that goes perfectly with your (extra) glasses of rosé.
you just pay shipping—use code EVERYGIRL to get yours today!
Despite these temptations, the ketogenic diet is a popular option that can satisfy your appetite while keeping you on track to make healthier decisions. Better known as keto, the purpose of this diet is to eat low amounts of carbs and high amounts of fat in order to induce your body to enter ketosis. During this stage, your body burns ketones (instead of glucose) for fuel and provides health benefits such as increased energy and better mental focus. So whether you’re familiar with this diet or fixated on trying it, here are 20 keto recipes that will help you manage a healthier lifestyle — and continue to maintain it.
1. Almond Flour PancakesSource: Wholesome Yum
2. Keto Breakfast SandwichSource: Hey Keto Mama
3. Keto Banana Nut MuffinsSource: Hey Keto Mama
4. Cauliflower Hash BrownsSource: Keto Connect
5. Blueberry Chia CrispSource: KetoDiet Blog
6. Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap SandwichSource: Skinnytaste
7. Broccoli SaladSource: Tastes Lovely
8. Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon SaladSource: Diethood
9. Keto Egg Roll in a BowlSource: Ketogasm
10. Keto Cuban SlidersSource: Cast Iron Keto
11. Chicken and Zucchini Noodle CapreseSource: Skinnytaste
12. Easy Broccoli Cheese SoupSource: Wholesome Yum
13. Keto Fathead Pizza with Sausage, Ricotta, and KaleSource: Low Carb Maven
14. Shrimp Avocado Salad with TomatoesSource: Eatwell 101
15. Skillet Taco Cauliflower RiceSource: Skinnytaste
16. Chipotle Chicken Lettuce WrapsSource: Eatwell 101
17. Keto LasagnaSource: Peace, Love and Low Carb
18. Ground Beef and Spinach SkilletSource: The Healthy Foodie
19. Mexican Turkey BurgersSource: Tastes Lovely
20. Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon in Garlic ButterSource: Cafe Delites