Journals are having a *moment* on the internet right now, making an appearance in almost every single “that girl” Reel and TikTok routine video, and for a good reason. Journaling is a great habit to have at the start and end of each day because the right journal prompts can help you work through feelings, set goals, reflect, gain clarity, find motivation, and more.
your one-way ticket to your cool, calm, and collected era
A piece of paper, a pen, and a quiet space are really all you need to journal, but coming up with what to write about (especially when you do it every day) can be tricky. Whether you like to write in your journal to keep track of career goals, manifest your best life, or write out affirmations, keep this list of journal prompts handy for the days when you feel like you have nothing to write about. We have broken them down into categories, so you can choose from this list based on what you need each day.
If you want to focus on the bigger picture of life…
- What brings me the most joy, and how can I add more of it to my life?
- What am I having the most fun doing in my life right now?
- What are three things I am most looking forward to this week?
- What do I want to tell my future self?
- What do I want to do more of?
- What do I want to do less of?
- What is my favorite thing that I do every day?
- Where do I see myself in five years? What steps do I need to take to make that happen?
- What is some of the best advice I have ever received?
- What three things could I add to my life that would give me more time, energy, and peace?
- What are three things in my life that I feel the most grateful for?
If you need to reflect…
- What feels like a struggle right now?
- Who do I want to be for myself and others today?
- How do the people around me support me? How do I support them?
- How do I feel today? How do I want to feel tomorrow?
- What do I value the most about this time in my life?
- What is one way that I would like to grow in the next year?
- Three happy moments that I don’t ever want to forget are…
- How can I show up better today than I did yesterday?
- What makes me feel the most fulfilled?
- What are some things that I want to work on to better myself?
- When and where do I feel the most like myself?
- A lesson I’ve learned recently is…
- What is one simple thing that’s transformed my life?
If you need to check in on your mental health…
- How well do I deal with stress? What are a few ways I can manage it better?
- List 10 simple ways to destress.
- What do I need to get off my chest today?
- How can I be kinder to myself today?
- What are my strengths?
- How can I incorporate my strengths into my daily life more often?
- I can do these five things to help me when I’m feeling anxious…
- 10 things that make me smile are…
- What three positive things have happened to me lately?
- What emotions or thoughts do I want to let go of? Why?
- When I let my mind wander, where does it go?
- What is one thing that I can do today that will make me feel centered?
- List three things that are causing me stress but that I have the ability to change.
- What’s my plan for changing them?
- I will take care of my mental health today by…
If you want to prioritize your wellness…
- What daily habits add to my energy? What daily habits take away from my energy?
- How well have I been sleeping lately? Is there anything I can try to do to improve it?
- I am going to take care of myself this week by doing…
- How can I take better care of my health?
- Am I holding tension anywhere? Where? How can I release it?
- What are three things I can do to take good care of myself today?
- What are five things I enjoy doing to rest? Do I do them often enough?
- What does my body need right now?
- What are five ways that I can upgrade my self-care routine this month?
- How can I prioritize my health better during busy seasons?
If you want to get creative…
- What are my creative strengths?
- What are five activities that spark creativity for me? How can I include them in my life more often?
- Write a list of the words, quotes, places, songs, etc. that make me feel inspired to create.
- If I had a free afternoon and wanted to do something creative, what would I do?
- How do I feel when I work on something that is creative?
- Start to sketch out the plans for something I’ve always thought about creating.
- What is encouraging me to create my best work?
- What is holding me back from creating my best work?
- What are a few ways that I can get out of a creative rut?
- How can I get out of my comfort zone for the benefit of my creativity?
If you’re manifesting career goals…
- What is my dream job?
- When I picture the future of my career, what do I want to be doing?
- What are some big goals I want to accomplish?
- What do I want to learn more about?
- What steps do I need to take to get me closer to my dream job?
- How can I manage work-life balance better?
- What would I change about my current role? What would I add to it?
- When do I feel the most motivated at work?
- How can I be better about taking breaks when I need them?
- What are some habits that could be holding me back at work? How can I remove them?
- Is there anything that I am doing at work or during work that could lead to burnout?
- When do I start to feel imposter syndrome creeping in? How can I remind myself that I am capable and worthy?
- What helps me get closer to my goals? How can I make these things a habit?
- What is my personal definition of success?
- How do I want to contribute my talents and passions to the world?
If you could use some inspiration…
- What is a quote that means a lot to me? Why?
- When do I feel the most inspired?
- What would I do today if I could not fail?
- What is one thing I learned recently that made me excited?
- Who do I look up to the most and why? What can I learn from them?
- What is the next thing I want to learn? And to what degree?
- If I could master one skill, what would it be?
- What about my environment inspires me?
- Where is my favorite place in the world? What makes it so great?
If you want to be more productive…
- What are three ways I can simplify my workflow?
- What routines are important to me? Do I stick to them? If not, how can I change that?
- Are my routines serving my productivity?
- Do I use my free time wisely?
- Does the idea of perfection hold me back from achieving my goals?
- Is the space where I try to be productive helping me get tasks done?
- How will I embrace challenges as they relate to productivity?
- I have accomplished these 10 things, and I am really proud of them…
- What am I procrastinating right now? How can I finish those tasks?
- What are three things that I can get done today?
- What makes me feel engaged and focused?
- What distractions come up that hinder me from performing?