Peanut butter is a popular snack to pack our bodies with protein, but it doesn’t mean you’re limited to ants on a log or eating spoonfuls (though we’re not opposed to that, either). When made with all-natural and organic ingredients, peanut butter is a healthy ingredient to add to crowd favorites for its distinct creamy texture and flavor. Today, we partnered with Smucker’s to create two easy recipes using their all-natural peanut butter. One is a little too easy to believe and the other? A nostalgic childhood favorite.
No-Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Inspired by Martha Stewart’s gamechanging recipe, peanut butter adds an extra layer of creaminess to ice cream made without an ice cream maker.
1 14oz. can of organic sweetened condensed milk
2 c. organic heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. Smucker’s Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (there’s also a great reduced fat version)
Honey or honey roasted peanutes for toppings (optional)
1. In a stand mixer, beat cold heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together condensed milk and peanut butter.
3. With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture.
4. Pour into a clean loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours. Serve alone or with toppings of your choice.
Peanut Butter Cups with Sea Salt
An easy and natural do-it-yourself version of a favorite childhood treat.
1 12 oz bag of semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. natural creamy peanut butter
Course sea salt
1. Simmer water in a small pot. Pour chocolate in a heat safe bowl. Place bowl over pot and stir chocolate until evenly melted. Set aside to cool.
2. Line a muffin tin with paper cups. Spoon a tablespoon of melted chocolate into each cup. Tap pan on table until bottoms are evenly covered.
2. Pour peanut butter into a large plastic zip bag and cut the end to create an opening. Squeeze a quarter size of peanut butter into each cup.
3. Cover each cup with more melted chocolate to cover completely and lightly top with sea salt. Refrigerate until hardened (about an hour). Finally, peel and enjoy!