As someone who rolls out of bed in the morning and heads straight to the kitchen, I don’t have the patience for elaborate breakfasts. Especially on busy days throughout the week, my ideal breakfast is the instant-gratification kind. I need something that doesn’t require too much effort before my coffee has kicked in but won’t have me hunting for a snack an hour later. To satisfy both of these criteria, overnight oats are one of my favorite make-ahead solutions.
"This razor gave me the silkiest, smoothest shave I've ever had! I never get any cuts or scrapes, even on those hard-to-shave places."
Making overnight oats is as simple as pouring stuff into a Mason jar, and you can do it all the night (or a few days) before. The basic recipe entails mixing together equal parts oats and milk (non-dairy alternatives work, too!), plus any mix-ins of your choice, and leaving it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, you’ll have a delicious, nutrient-packed breakfast you can dig into ASAP. To jazz up your overnight oats recipe, you can mix in some Greek yogurt for an extra protein boost, sprinkle in some chocolate chips for added sweetness, or add any other favorite ingredient. As long as you maintain roughly the same liquid-to-dry-ingredient ratio, the possibilities for customization are virtually endless. If you need some inspiration, here are 12 of the best overnight oats recipes you can prep for the week ahead.
1. Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso Overnight Oats
2. Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
3. Banana Bread Overnight Oats
4. Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
5. Berry Chia Overnight Oats
6. Vegan Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
7. Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
8. Chai Latte Overnight Oats
9. Brownie Batter Overnight Oats
10. Cinnamon Mango Overnight Oats
11. Apple Pie Overnight Oats
12. Fruit On The Bottom Overnight Oats