Sweet potatoes (and potatoes in general) are one of the most versatile vegetables you can find in the grocery store. Not only are they full of calcium and potassium, but they’re also a great source of vitamins A and C (which are attributed to maintaining normal vision, the immune system and the body’s organs, as well as maintaining the body’s connective tissues).
There are many different ways to enjoy sweet potatoes:
- For breakfast: Roast sweet potatoes the night before then toss them in a bowl (after re-heating), top with eggs and sautéed vegetables for an easy breakfast.
- In soup: Puree cooked sweet potatoes in a blender to make a base for a thick soup.
- In salad: Add roasted sweet potato chunks or spiralized sweet potato to a salad.
- As a side dish: For a delicious side dish, make potatoes mashed, baked, or roasted.
- As a dessert: Use pureed sweet potato as a base for a pie or sneak it in as the foundation of a cake or brownies. Alternatively, use pureed sweet potato in a smoothie or milkshake.
Here are ten ways to try sweet potatoes this season:
Source: Foodness Gracious
Source: The Mediterranean Dish
Source: Cotter Crunch
Source: Nourish Everyday
Source: Bound by Food
Source: Cookie and Kate
Source: Recipe Runner
Source: F & B Department
Source: Easy GF Recipes