30 Day Challenge: 30 Days of Motivated Mornings
You’ve made it to the end of our second challenge, and we’re still drooling over some of the amazing meals you shared with us on Instagram! We've pushed ourselves a lot together over the last 30 days. You’ve taken the time to reflect on how your days were spent through journaling and tested your taste buds against your inner chef with homemade meals--both of which took some extra time and planning during the day. But how much better would those challenges have gone if you had a few more minutes to commit to them each day?
Unfortunately, without a time machine, we can't travel back, fast-forward, or even go back to the future (you get my point) to re-accomplish our challenges. But what we can do, is get ahold of the here and now starting with the clean slate we get every day. We're teaming up with Smartwater to bring you our next 30 day challenge: 30 Days of Motivated Mornings!
Before we dive into the next one, we are dying to hear how your last challenge went! Join us for a Twitter chat on Monday, June 2 at 8PM CST. You shared some gorgeous photos and we want to know what you learned while channeling your inner Julia Child; What was the best recipe you came up with? Did you discover any new ingredients for your arsenal, or perfect a new dish to pass at parties? We have a few giveaways for you, so be sure to join in the conversation by using the hashtag #TEG30DayChallenge.
Now, to the task at hand: the execution of your motivated morning is up to you. Everyone has a different schedule and some people are always scrambling for time. But for those of you who are notably not morning people, think of this as your opportunity to embrace the wee hours instead of "embracing" your alarm clock across the room.
We want you to wake up 30 minutes earlier (or more) and use this “extra” time as motivation in the morning. This does not necessarily mean waking up to work out, although if that's what you need, go for it. Consider these projects that can bring a fresh perspective to an otherwise monotonous morning routine:
- Have a book you've been meaning to get into, but just can't get past page one after a long day's work?
- Would time with your favorite blogs and a cup of coffee provide some inspiration?
- Have you become a regular at a drive-thru for the most important meal of the day? Sacrificing quality breakfast and nutrition for the sake of taming your mane?
- Have you been sporting more than your fair share of top-knots? Would a blowout bring new confidence to your business meetings?
- Maybe your morning is particularly chaotic and a few meditation-guided minutes would bring some zen into the beginning of your day.
- For many there's the gridlock of a morning commute. Would extra time ahead of the crowd lighten up your bumper to bumper battle?
- Could a few laughs or inquisitive pauses with a new television show or podcast elevate your mood from gloom to glam?
- There’s nothing like a good morning sweat – a jog, some self-guided yoga or even your favorite fitness DVD – to get the blood flowing! It’s only 30 minutes for 30 days – and remember, you can take it or leave it after the month has passed!
Nobody knows what your body or day needs better than you, so choose activities that will help your morning routine become something you can look forward to. It’s the little things in life that can do wonders for reducing stress, and we’re all about finding ways to maximize on our mood. Keep us in the loop sending us your tweets and Instagrams of what you do with your extra time and how it affects your day with the hashtag #TEG30DayChallenge and we’ll share some of your morning motivations with other Everygirls! Who knows maybe you’ll become someone’s inspiration!
Do you have a plan for a more productive morning? How will you make use of this extra time?
this story is brought to you by vapor-distilled smartwater, who found unique inspiration for their water by looking up to the sky. we hope the change in perspective this piece offers will help inspire you.