7 Surprising Ways to Score on Etsy
Shopping on Etsy is kind of like that feeling you get when you walk into Forever21 on a Saturday. So much to look at, weed through, it's enough to rapidly increase anyone's heart rate, and overwhelming to say the least.
So how do you find all those incredible gems on Etsy? The fabulous homemade gifts, handmade leather bags, swoon-worthy stationery, vintage barware, and of course, calligraphy so perfect you question how it could possibly be somebody's handwriting?
With these simple tricks, you'll have the best Etsy shops at your fingertips in seconds.
1. USE THE ETSY BLOG
The Etsy blog is a great place to start. Clicking on the "featured shops" tab will point you to profiles of new and noteworthy shops with unique finds. Score amazing items with the "editor's picks" tab (if anyone know's what they're doing, it's the Etsy editors, right?) Finally, the "tastemakers" tab will point you to great gift and shopping guides by Etsy's guest curators like designers, artists, and brands.
2. GOOGLE SEARCH
If you're a Google fanatic, just add "Etsy" after any key phrase in a Google search, which you can browse right from Google's shopping tab, no click through necessary. (Genius!)
3. "FAVORITE" YOUR FAVORITE SHOPS
When you find a shop you like, "favorite" it. Then, a selection of items from your favorite stores will refresh on your homepage each time you sign in.
4. GET SUPER SNEAKY
Speaking of favorites, take it one step further and click "See who favorites this" under "Actions" on the left hand side of a shop's profile. You'll see the Etsy members who have liked that same store or item, as well as the other items they've favorited too. Chances are you'll share the similar taste, and you'll also like the other items they've favorited! (Similar to following someone's Pinterest board, but sneakier and way more satisfying, yes?)
5. ELIMINATE UNWANTED KEYWORDS
Use the - sign to eliminate keywords you don't want in a search. For example, if you're searching for a leather bag, but don't want to weed through a bunch of vintage purses, type in "leather bag -vintage" and only new bags will be shown.
6. USE "MORE WAYS TO SHOP"
The "more ways to shop" section on the bottom right of the homepage has some extra-savvy tricks:
- If you're a shipping stickler, click "shop local" to narrow the location in your search down to your specific state or city, which cuts down majorly on shipping costs. (Often you can even arrange to pick it up yourself!)
- Search "treasury" on bottom right hand side of the homepage to see a selection of items curated by fellow Etsy members. Again, kind of like Pinterest boards, but for Etsy shops!
- Click "shop in person" to see any local events in your area where Etsy sellers may be selling their items! (Also great way to discover new markets, activities, and fun places to check out on the weekends!)
7. USE ETSY PAGES
Navigate to Etsy.com/pages, which allow you to follow your favorite brands' Etsy boards. Again, very similar to Pinterest (are you sensing a pattern here?) but exclusively with Etsy items!
OR, JUST CHECK OUT OUR FAVORITES!
- Three Layers Jewelry
- Love From Cyprus
- White Elephant Designs
- Metaphor handbags
- Siiso art
- Fox and the Fawn
- Lake & Tower scarves
- Allie Seidel Design