The Everygirl's Summer Music Festival Style Guide
2 amazing looks + 5 must-have survival tips = your best festival season ever
Festival season has finally arrived!
Whether you're a die-hard music fanatic or just along for the ride, one thing is for sure -- you need the perfect outfit. We teamed up with one of our favorite Austin style bloggers, Jessi of The Darling Detail, to bring you two festival fabulous looks and five must-have festival survival tips to go along with them!
1. Stick to tried and true footwear
We're all so tempted to splurge on that pair of incredible fringe sandals for festival season, but don't be fooled! Your festival shoes need to be broken in and made for walking. No number of "mini-mergency" band-aids will fix those torn-up toes! If you're planning to attend multiple days, switch up your footwear. Pack a pair of boots (with lots of extra socks!) and a pair of sandals. You don't want to be limited to one option if your shoes start to rub you the wrong way.
2. Party sunnies are a must
Instead of your favorite designer shades, opt for a quirky, less expensive pair. There's a reason Lana Del Rey sings about heart shaped sunglasses -- consider them a necessary item on your festival checklist! There will never be a better occasion to sport them. No matter what shape of sunnies you choose, make sure your wallet won't cry if they didn't make it home with you.
3. Bring a bag with some room
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but that pint-sized, mini-fringe, ultra hippie-chic purse is going to be a waste of space at a festival. Instead, opt for a medium sized bag that can fit all your essentials. A cross-body or a chic backpack will ensure you're still free to throw those hands up in the air! Be sure to include...
"My favorite festival essential is a cute and classic backpack"
- Water bottle: this collapsable one is perfect for stashing away, but will come in handy at water stations!
- Sunscreen: search for one in stick form so it won't explode in your purse!
- On-the-go tissue packs: like these cute Kleenex ones! You know those Porta Potties will run out of TP!
- Scarf: adds some warmth at night when temperatures drop, provides some much-needed shelter in the event of a dust storm, and comes in really handy as a blanket to sit on.
- Band-Aids: to combat those pesky blisters!
- Oil blotting papers: they'll remove dirt and oil, but won't mess with your makeup.
- Hair ties: because those beachy waves will only last so long under the afternoon sun! These come in fun colors and will look just as cute on your wrist.
- Extra phone batteries: the solar power version will come in especially handy! Because the view of your favorite band from here is less than stellar...
- CASH! ATM lines? Not this girl!
4. Show some skin (but be selective!)
Those direct sun rays can take a toll on your skin -- the last thing you want is a full body burn! Opt for a breezy strapless maxi or pair your shorts with a lightweight chambray button-down -- like the ones pictured here, from Old Navy! You'll stay covered, cool (and classy) with sun damage kept to a minimum.
5. Top it off
Festival season is a great opportunity to rock that fedora, don your favorite wide-brim, or capitalize on some serious floral headgear. Whatever you choose, gravitate toward light colors -- dark colors will absorb more rays and cause you to overheat. A bright colored topper will also make it easier for your friends to spot you in a crowd.
Get the looks:
Don't forget to follow Jessi for more amazing style inspiration!
What are you wearing for festival season this year? Snap a photo and instagram #TEGFestivalFashion @TheEverygirl_ and we'll re-gram our favorites!