Here at The Everygirl, we understand the nature of busy women. You barely have time to eat breakfast in the morning, let alone spend the day surfing the web. That’s why this week, we’re sharing some of our favorite articles on pop culture, design, and more.
1. To celebrate Mental Health Awareness Month, here are some of the organizations to know and support this May (and all year round).
According to the Journal of Abnormal Psychology, mental illness affects up to 80% of the population at some point in their lifetime.
2. Lola, a girl-powered company that sells non-toxic products for women’s reproductive health, has launched a Sex by Lola line that includes ultra-thin rubber-latex condoms, natural cleansing wipes, and a water-based personal lubricant.
“Until now, our only options have been products aggressively marketed toward men and their desires. What about our needs, as women?” —Alex Friedman, Lola co-founder
3. Model Ashley Graham’s latest swimwear campaign doesn’t feature any retouches and this authenticity is ALL WE’VE EVER ASKED FOR.
Friendly reminder that no one can love (and appreciate) your own body the way you can.
4. Lance Bass opened up about his fears of coming out about his sexuality at the *NYSNC Walk of Fame Ceremony and the moment is so pure that IT’S TEARIN’ UP OUR HEARTS.
NBD – it’s not like anything else makes me come alive like the reminder of one of the biggest boy bands of my childhood.
5. Make room in your heart (or just storage on your phone) because Facebook is launching its own dating app and this is what we know about it.
Yes, you still have to swipe. No, your Facebook friends won’t be notified.
6. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants has been pitched for a third movie because another film based on friendship is literally the only way I WANT MY SOUL TO BE CLEANSED.
Sorry for that delay, my daughter needed me. Where was I? Oh yes. Alexis is right. We’ve been pitching and there is a script. A good one. It’s up to a studio now to make the film. So far, no luck. So keep your fingers crossed, or, knock down their doors with jeans emojis.
— Amber Tamblyn (@ambertamblyn) April 27, 2018
GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT, HOLLYWOOD.
7. These are the best Young Adult novels to read this month because happiness is actually just a sunny day spent with a good book.
LESS STRESS, MORE GREENERY.