If you could be anything in this world, what would it be? At this point in my life, my answer might fall somewhere along the lines of being happy, all-knowing, fulfilled, a good friend, financially stable, and better at answering text messages. If you asked me the same question when I was a spunky 6-year-old, I wouldn’t hesitate. The answer was simple: I wanted to be the Pink Power Ranger.
She was a force to be reckoned with—strong, athletic, and far from the distressed damsel I had known up until that point. So when I had an opportunity to embody her and all that she stood for at my school’s first-grade Halloween party, I was enthralled. Thus began my love for Halloween costume ideas that let me live out my wildest “I can be anyone (or anything) I want to be” dreams.
Over 20 years have passed since I debuted as the Pink Power Ranger, but my appreciation for the sentiment remains. If you’re looking for the perfect Halloween costume to rock this year and beyond, look no further. These 30 Halloween costume ideas have your back.
If you’re going solo
2. Beth, The Queen’s Gambit
4. Kim Possible
6. Violet Beauregarde, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
7. Jenna Rink, 13 Going on 30
8. Nyota Uhura, Star Trek
If you’re dressing up with a friend or S.O.
11. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake
12. Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker
13. Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker
14. Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf
15. Mario and Luigi
16. Brennan and Dale, Step Brothers
17. Beyoncé and Jay-Z
18. Farmer and farmer’s daughter
20. Frankenstein and his bride
If you’re going with the gang
21. Spice Girls
22. The Powerpuff Girls
23. Alice in Wonderland characters
24. Scooby-Doo characters
25. Wizard of Oz characters
26. Cher, Tai, and Dionne, Clueless
27. Stranger Things cast
28. Toy Story characters
29. The Sanderson sisters
30. The Cheetah Girls