On The Everygirl team, some of us are celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas at home with family, some of us are planning to binge Hallmark movies with roommates until January, and some of us are channeling Kevin McCallister and staying home alone while having virtual Zoom parties and get-togethers. No matter what the season looks like to you this year, we’ve put together a holiday calendar to give you something to look forward to every single day from now until New Year’s Eve. Because if 2020 needs one thing (besides a moral president), it’s some holiday cheer. Check out these 61 daily activities, add them to your personal calendar or planner, and get ready to bring some much-needed holiday spirit into this season. Just call us Santa Claus!
1. Hang a wreath—fall or holiday!
2. Find a wishlist for a children’s hospital or organization and donate a toy
3. (ELECTION DAY): Vote if you haven’t yet—and maybe even wear a Santa hat if you’re so inclined 🎅
4. Clean your home to prepare for holiday decorating
5. Treat your barista to a hefty tip
6. Bake cookies
7. Send holiday cards, whether you order them online or make them handmade!
8. Treat yourself to new slippers
9. Let go of a holiday expectation and reimagine it for 2020
10. Watch your favorite childhood holiday movie
11. Make a favorite family recipe
12. Make a peppermint-flavored drink (Coffee? Boozy? Both!?!?)
13. Send a seasonal plant delivery to a relative
14. Wear your holiday socks
15. Do a holiday DIY or craft
16. Wear a tacky holiday sweater all day
17. Watch a Nancy Meyers movie
18. Set up a holiday gift exchange or Secret Santa with your friends
19. Pop a bottle of bubbly and celebrate! We suggest La Marca Prosecco.
20. Cook or bake a meal over Zoom with family or friends
21. Do a double feature of a holiday movie that’s been remade (Miracle on 34th Street, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Bishop’s Wife/The Preacher’s Wife, A Christmas Carol, etc.)
22. Watch a Hallmark holiday movie (bonus points for a marathon!)
23. Get a tree (small, fake, real—whatever works for you!) and decorate it
24. Watch a Christmas movie that you haven’t seen yet
25. Challenge yourself to try a new holiday recipe
26. THANKSGIVING: Call or text three people to tell them how thankful you are for them
27. BLACK FRIDAY: Score an investment piece or item you’ve been wanting on a major discount because you deserve it!
28. SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: Make a purchase from your favorite small business
29. Kiss under a mistletoe—whether it’s your partner, your pet, a relative, a stuffed animal, or yourself 😘
30. Start/read a book with a holiday theme (a few favorites of ours are One Day in December, Royal Holiday, and Winter Stroll)
1. Make kits for those in need: homeless, animal shelter, etc.
2. Call a loved one and virtually shop for gifts online together
3. Find the perfect Christmas PJs
4. Try a festive manicure
5. Make homemade hot chocolate
6. Hang some twinkle lights
7. Set out a dish of holiday candy
8. Make DIY wrapping paper and mail a gift to a loved one
9. Make a playlist of your favorite holiday songs
10. Hanukkah begins! Make potato latkes at home
11. Go through your closet and set aside items in good condition to donate
12. Plan to make a special meal you wouldn’t usually
13. Share a favorite holiday recipe with a friend—then make their family fave too!
14. Go through old photos of holidays passed. Bonus points for doing it on FaceTime with family.
15. Send family and friends a special ornament that reminds you of them with a handwritten note
16. Wrap gifts while watching a holiday movie and drinking hot cocoa
17. Buy some fresh greens and DIY a holiday planter or wreath
18. Donate a coat for families in need through organizations like One Warm Coat
19. Find your go-to red lipstick and wear it!
20. Wear a glittery dress or sparkly eye shadow—just because
21. Host a pajama party with your quarantine crew (over Zoom counts too!)
22. Make peppermint bark from scratch
23. Have a virtual Christmas carol karaoke session with friends
24. CHRISTMAS EVE: Go on a drive or walk to look at lights and decorations
25. CHRISTMAS DAY: Make handwritten thank you cards to give to friends and family for their gifts
26. Take all of your scrap wrapping paper to a recycling plant
27. Buy a 2021 planner and plan your year
28. Bundle up in your coziest clothes and drink a warm beverage
29. Give yourself a sparkly mani/pedi
30. Make your New Year’s resolutions
31. NEW YEAR’S EVE: Text your friends and family your favorite moment with them in 2020—and what you look forward to in 2021!